[haiku-development] Re: Crediting 3rd-party software in AboutSystem

  • From: Augustin Cavalier <waddlesplash@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2015 13:03:48 -0500

On 1/5/2015 12:56 PM, Adrien Destugues wrote:
These fonts are included (as packages) in the default image, however
they are (currently) not dependencies of the Haiku package. Should we
add credits to Haiku's AboutSystem for all packages bundled in the
default image, or only for dependencies of the Haiku package? or only
for things that are included in the Haiku package itself (in that case
we should remove Freetype and a few others from this list)?

How do we credit things that are not in AboutSystem? Is the copyright
metadata on packages enough?
This was already brought up before in my AboutSystem patch [1]. The concensus was to leave all the things that were dependencies of the Haiku package, and remove the ones that weren't dependencies (even if they were installed by default), IIRC.

-Augustin
[1]: https://dev.haiku-os.org/ticket/11015