[haiku-development] Contribute to the Haiku NFS implementation

  • From: Brian Landsberger <brian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 03 Mar 2010 15:10:09 -0800

Hello,

My name is Brian Landsberger, and I have recently become interested in the Haiku Operating System. As a Software Engineer in Test at Isilon Systems I recently built a general-purpose NFSv3 library in C++ that used to create a userland NFS client, a torture test suite, and a PCAP data analysis application. While recently test-driving the operating system I found some bugs in the NFS implementation, and so I asked around on the Freenode irc channel about whether or not there was a need for NFS developers in the Haiku project. Although the bug I found was recently patched, it seemed as though the project was looking for people to contribute to a v3/v4 implementation. Please let me know how best to proceed.

Cheers,
Brian Landsberger