[haiku-development] Re: Coding style conflicting with API

  • From: looncraz <looncraz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2012 10:37:48 -0800

"Only new one use the k-style, and as far as I understand, this may even be used only for private stuff."

I've long thought that using kConstant styling was for private API, whereas public API used B_SOME_CONSTANT.

I believe public macros could be M_SOME_MACRO, or merely take the form of a function... (as Be did in some cases).

I enjoy being able to fast-read code using the BeOS API, I can scan quickly scan for the constants and find my place easily, all lower-case or even functionsLikeThis() make it hard for me to find my place.

No idea why people DislikeCamelCase(). I, for one, AbsolutelyPreferIt() overThis();

--The loon