[haiku-development] Re: Cario and Skia

  • From: Fredrik Holmqvist <fredrik.holmqvist@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2012 22:51:29 +0100

Den 23 februari 2012 22:04 skrev Simon Taylor <simontaylor1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>> It's going to be horrible. Even when scrolling and resizing in Firefox
>> now as little as possible is invalidated and as much as possible is
>> blitted. It's already slow enugh, Doing a lot more lifting in the
>> redrawing isn't much of an option. You might as well just get X
>> working on Haiku.
>

> There's no hardware blitting used on Haiku anyway, but I'd certainly aim to
> memcpy the surface bitmap rather than re-rendering the whole thing.

You missed the point. Drawing several invalidated regions into
surfaces and then blitting them into the final image will kill
performance, if the blit is in hardware or software is not relevant.
Drawing directly into the final image was painful enough without extra
blits, and since Cairo isn't much of a performer you are doing slow
drawing at that.

/Fredrik Holmqvist, TQH