[haiku-development] Re: Can't add comments to a ticket

  • From: Niels Reedijk <niels.reedijk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 May 2010 10:03:43 +0200

Hi Wim,

On 17 May 2010 03:50, Wim van der Meer <wpjvandermeer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I suppose that this field indicates whether a patch is attached to the
> ticket, which I think is a very good idea.

I have silently deployed some functionality to implement a way for
developers to query for tickets with patches.

I am planning on making a full announcement after I work out some
kinks, like the issue in this thread is obviously one of.

> However, I was wondering how it is possible to automatically determine if an
> attached file is a patch or not. I noticed that when attaching a file there
> is a checkbox to mark the attachment as a patch, and I checked this box on
> one of the tickets when I attached a file. Is this also not allowed? I'd
> appreciate a little more information about how this automated field is
> supposed to work.

In short: checking the patch box on the attachment details page or
when adding a new attachment is good, and I encourage you to do this
actually.

However, in the ticket that is associated with it, there is also a
field which is called 'Has a Patch'. This field is automatically
updated, so please don't alter this field. I added that field so that
you can query for tickets with patches. See for example:

http://dev.haiku-os.org/query?status=assigned&status=in-progress&status=new&status=reopened&patch=1

As I said, more on this later.