[haiku-development] Re: Can't add comments to a ticket

  • From: Niels Reedijk <niels.reedijk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 May 2010 03:06:35 +0200

Hi,

On 16 May 2010 17:05, Andreas Färber <andreas.faerber@xxxxxx> wrote:
> Am 16.05.2010 um 13:37 schrieb Niels Reedijk:
>
>> On 16 May 2010 13:16, Wim van der Meer <wpjvandermeer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>>
>>> I tried to add a comment to ticket #4878, and got the following warning:
>>>
>>> Warning: The ticket field 'patch' is invalid: Access denied to modifying
>>> patch
>>>
>>> This ticket does not contain a patch, nor am I trying to add one. Trac
>>> refuses to add my comment.
>>
>> I will investigate, will post and update soon.
>
> Adding a comment to #5776 worked but resulted in "Unset patch".

Yes. What's happening is that there is a new automated field. As older
tickets do not have this field yet, on the first update from this
afternoon on, the field will get its initial value.

As the field is automated, I don't want anyone touching it. However,
setting the default value is intercepted by the plugin that blocks
edited and flagged as a change that is made without the right
permissions.

I'm still weighing the options where it comes to fixing this. Either I
update the database to contain the default values for all tickets, or
I rewrite the blocking criteria, or I leave the field unprotected (for
now).