[haiku-development] Re: Calling BPopUpMenu.Go() causes BView not to receive MouseMoved notifications

  • From: "Mauro de Wit" <maurodewit@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 21:23:26 +0000

>If that is really the case, then you are either using it wrong, or
>there is a bug that should be fixed.

I'm developing on R5, so I assume the bug would be me ;-)
Off course I will switch to Haiku as soon as it is alpha.

>If I recall correctly, SetMouseEventMask only applies on MouseDown and
>is cleared after receiving a MouseUp. If you want a more permanent
>notification SetEventMask is to be used instead. May be off on a few
>details, that's going from memory.

I've use SetEventMask without any luck....

It's just that I sometimes find it hard to understand how the whole
mechanism of the multithreaded windows work. Locking windows, event loops
etc.
Still learning!