[haiku-development] Re: CD recording

  • From: Rob Judd <haiqu@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 16:20:36 +0000

François Revol wrote:
These are built on Haiku with gcc2, so can only be run on Haiku. I will be building a set for BeOS as well, but have had some trouble building the required `smake` program.

Joerg updated the port recently, it should work out of the box...

It does on Haiku but not BeOS 5.0.3

http://www.haiku-os.org/blog/mmu_man/2008-03-03/the_return_of_the_son_of_the_demo_cd
which tells how to burn boot CDs. I suggest trying on a CD-RW first to avoid `coasters`. If you have any problems be sure to ask, I may have the solution. Then again maybe not, my first attempt didn't boot yet ... :)

Things have changed since then, we should be able to use the single-
track way, though I didn't try it yet.

Yes, that occurred to me as a possibility. Meanwhile I'm using the -no-emul-boot option to get around the size of the boot .iso being larger than a floppy.

Robert