[haiku-development] Re: CD recording

  • From: Rob Judd <haiqu@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2009 12:42:55 +0000

Urias McCullough wrote:
On Sun, Apr 19, 2009 at 5:29 AM, Rob Judd <haiqu@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Schrijvers Luc wrote:
Are those based on gcc2 or gcc4, iow ... do the bins run on either one
of them?

These are built on Haiku with gcc2, so can only be run on Haiku. I will be
building a set for BeOS as well, but have had some trouble building the
required `smake` program.

But he was asking if the gcc2 binaries will run on gcc4 haiku.

The answer is potentially "yes" as long as there's no linking to
libstdc++ or any other c++ ABI lib.

Ah, yeah. I haven't played with gcc4 Haiku at all, so couldn't answer that definitively, but the code is very self-contained and uses no external libraries that I'm aware of so should run under gcc4 Haiku.

Rob