[haiku-development] Re: Building on Mac

  • From: Ingo Weinhold <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 18:39:19 +0100

On 2007-10-30 at 01:38:04 [+0100], Bryce Groff <bgroff@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Everything builds fine now, just linking is the problem,
>
> InitScript1 generated/haiku.image-init-vars
> Link generated/objects/darwin/x86/release/tools/unzip/unzip
> /usr/bin/ld: Undefined symbols:
> __Unwind_Resume
> ___gxx_personality_v0
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

OK, that should be easy to solve. MacOS X is a little picky -- it seems
almost as soon as a program contains a *.cpp file it needs to be linked
against the C++ runtime. Other platforms are laxer. I've added the library
in r22774.

> On another side note, in src/build/libbe/interface (is this the
> library the build links agianst?)

From src/build/libbe/... the library libbe_build.so is built, against which
all build system tools using the BeOS API (rc, mimeset,...) are linked.

> Region.cpp was including malloc.h
> however the Jamfile did not have /headers/posix included. This broke
> the build for me (on mac).

header/posix is not included on purpose. The headers there specify the low
level interface for Haiku, but the build system tools shall run on the host
platform and thus need to use the host platform's headers. The problem is
simply that malloc.h is a non-standard header and shouldn't be included in
the first place. The correct header is stdlib.h. Fixed in r22776.

CU, Ingo