[haiku-development] Re: Best way to store settings in Haiku?

  • From: Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 06 Aug 2012 20:31:58 +0200

On 08/06/2012 08:19 PM, Fredrik Modèen wrote:
What would be the best way to store settings(system) and also for each
device? Bluetooth need to store both system value but also for each
connected device and bluetooth device. Storing connected devices are a
later problem, Bluetooth devices and system settings are what I'm looking
at now.

It sounds like you only ask for a location, right?
If this is just cached data, it should go into the cache directory. If this is an actual setting, the settings directory doesn't sound wrong (there is no /system/settings for a reason, but we do have /common/settings for these things, or better, B_COMMON_SETTINGS_DIRECTORY).

Does that help you already?

Bye,
   Axel.