[haiku-development] Re: Best way to store settings in Haiku?

  • From: Pete Goodeve <pete.goodeve@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2012 12:55:09 -0700

On Mon, Aug 06, 2012 at 09:03:08PM +0200, Fredrik Mod wrote:

> > Settings for device drivers and other lower level system services like
> > this tend to use the driver settings format, as documented at
> > http://www.haiku-os.org/legacy-docs/bebook/DeviceDrivers_DriverSettingsAPI.html
>
> That look's like a winner? :)

Seems a bit odd that Be never extended that to the settings folder
in general.  We could have had a 'load_app_settings("myapp/settings")'
or something, and preferably a corresponding 'save_app_settings()',
that would have unified the current rather ad-hoc way of handling
them considerably.

Any reason we couldn't add such a feature?  (It could presumably
share most of the code.)

        -- Pete --