[haiku-development] Re: BGroupLayoutBuilder to templated BLayoutBuilder

  • From: Barrett <b.vitruvio@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 1 Jan 2014 22:10:21 +0100

On Wed, Jan 1, 2014 at 6:16 PM, Humdinger <humdingerb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello there!
>
> I just wanted to make a small improvement to the layout of the Keymap
> preferences: reduce the upper inset of the views in that window.
>
> Finding a BGroupLayoutBuilder contraption there, I wanted to give it
> try to convert it to a templated BLayoutBuilder thingy. I almost
> succeeded, only that now there's some space between the
> DeadKeyMenuFieldder pop-up menu and the fSwitchShortcutsButton. That
> means that the width of the window can't be decreased as much as
> before.

I don't see anything wrong except that you are removing the spacing
argument from the group :

.Add(BGroupLayoutBuilder(B_HORIZONTAL, 10)

The space is surely caused by AddGlue(). Removing it will probably break
some alignment, or for some reason it's not needed with the templatized
version, which i suppose it's caused by the missing argument.

It's a question of taste, but i suggest to use every time the End() method,
even at the end of the layout. By also indenting it at the same level of
the AddGroup() enforces transparency and make the code more clear...