[haiku-development] BFilePanel and URI/URL

  • From: Sergei Dolgov <dolgov@xxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2008 17:27:32 +0300

Hello, people.
I'm interested if there is any progress or work at all on libtracker/BFilePanel.

Current BFilePanel state indicates that its roots lie somewhere in pre-historic era, when nobody heard about Internet. I'm mean inability to enter address for internet-resources there with standard means, and this is big pain for net-capable applications, e.g. VLC.

And even for local files I prefer sometimes to enter full path manually.
I'm wondering if addition of field for unified resource locator requires some more deep changes (e.g. in BeOS "messaging"/"Received" hooks) than simple BFilePanel tweaking?

Regards, Sergei "fyysik" Dolgov.

P.S. I understand, that I can, as coder, improve BFilePanel each time when I need something more that standard view, but for this case it looks like wrong and ineffective way.