[haiku-development] Re: Attaching attributes to BFile

  • From: Rene Gollent <anevilyak@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 21:14:53 -0500

On Tue, Aug 11, 2009 at 8:01 PM, Yashasvi A.C.<yashasviac@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> I have been able to store the messages as a BFile in a specific directory.
> Is there any way of attaching attributes to a BFile? For example, a
> timestamp or something?

You want BNode::WriteAttr()  (BFile is a BNode subclass and as such
has all those functions). Note however that you won't be able to query
against those attributes unless you first add an index for them via
the mkindex terminal command. c.f.
http://www.haiku-os.org/legacy-docs/bebook/BNode.html#BNode_Member_Functions
for details with respect to the read/write attribute functions.

Regards,

Rene