[haiku-development] Re: App server hangs at boot

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 00:07:30 +0200 CEST

Gerald Zajac <zajacg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> This message was originally sent on Friday (October 19);  however, I
> never received this message from freelists.org nor have I received
> the
> two messages that follow it in the archive shown on their website.
> Since I do not know why I did not receive my message from
> freelists.org
> nor have I seen any response from the message on this list, I am
> wondering if freelists.org never sent the message.  Thus, I have
> decided
> to repost the message.  The following is the message that I had sent
> on
> Friday:

If it helps, I got the original message; I've still marked it "to be
answered" - I didn't find the time earlier, sorry.

> Attached is a diff file with changes to the S3 Savage video
> accelerant
> which should fix this problem.  In addition to this fix, a few other
> changes have been made to the accelerant which are:
>
> 1) Some video modes which did not work properly with the Savage chips
> have been removed from the mode list, and a few wide-screen modes
> which
> work have been added.
>
> 2) The code which loads the cursor image has been simplified.  This
> code
> is similar to the code I'm using in the S3 Virge video driver which I
> will be submitting to the Haiku project in a few days.  This change
> also
> removes the last piece of code that came from Erdi Chen's BeSavage
> driver;  thus,  this diff file also removes his copyright from the
> file
> savage_cursor.c.

Nice, I've applied it now, thanks!
BTW have you noticed I enhanced the accelerant API a bit and added
B_GET_EDID_INFO, B_GET_MONITOR_INFO, and B_GET_PREFERRED_DISPLAY_MODE
hooks? This can be used to make sure that the app_server will default
to the native display resolution, if possible.
Would that be possible with the Savage driver as well? I've already
adapted the Intel Extreme and the Radeon driver.

Bye,
   Axel.