[haiku-development] Re: *ALMOST* compiled Haiku within itself.

  • From: Bruno Albuquerque <bga@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 08:37:02 -0300

Urias McCullough wrote:

What was that one-line change? I was able to compile flex by fooling
the configure script into believing it was BeOS:

./configure --build=i586-pc-beos --prefix=/boot/home/config

My change amounted to that. I just changed BePC:BeOS to be BePC:Haiku. :)

But if there's a better way, I'm curious. I figured someone would
eventually need to update config.guess and add Haiku to the supported
platforms or something.

Yoru way is definitely better than mine. I was not aware that you could force a build target in the configure line.

 5 - It stopped when compiling the usb bus manager. The compilation seems to
 happen ok. Also links without problems. xres is ran on it without problems. So
 does settype. But when mimeset is called on it, the file simply disappeared and
 is not found anymore so the build fails. This is 100% reproducible here and
 always with the usb bus manager. Really weird.

I ran into the exact same failure... WTF? I tried deleting various
things and recompiling to no avail. So I guess it's not just a fluke
:)

Yeah, the only think that makes sense is that settype (or any house-keeping process that run between settype and mimeset) is erasing the usb bus manager. But I wonder why only the usb bus manager?

Exciting times!

Definitely!

-Bruno