[haiku-development] Re: *ALMOST* compiled Haiku within itself.

  • From: Bruno Albuquerque <bga@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 11:07:59 -0300

Bruno Albuquerque wrote:

I ran into the exact same failure... WTF? I tried deleting various
things and recompiling to no avail. So I guess it's not just a fluke
:)

Yeah, the only think that makes sense is that settype (or any house-keeping process that run between settype and mimeset) is erasing the usb bus manager. But I wonder why only the usb bus manager?

Just dug a bit more and decided to go over all steps by hand. In the end, what happens is that although the file is there, mimeset does not find it. After running mimeset the file is still there too so it is not deleting it. This is weird.

-Bruno