[haiku-depot-web] Re: Update; Navigation and Localization Changes

  • From: Andrew Lindesay <apl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-depot-web@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2015 22:18:34 +1200

Hi Stephan;

Oh dear yes this looks like a bug; I'll take a look soon. In the meantime a work around is to;

* open a tab to HDS
* authenticate
* open a new tab

In the new tab you should see this option in the menu.

I'll try to get that resolved soon.

cheers.

On 15/04/15 9:58 pm, Stephan Aßmus wrote:

I Andrew,

when I am logged in with my root account, I cannot find the place
anymore where to edit permissions for other users (the rules).

Best regards,
-Stephan

Am 13.04.2015 um 11:31 schrieb Andrew Lindesay:
Hello;

Please note that when I'm referring to ticket numbers, they are new
github tickets now; the google-code tickets were not migrated.

First, a change around navigation -- issue #2. The currently logged in
user's token is now stored in the browser's local storage rather than in
the "state of the page". This means that opening a new tab will retain
your authentication. This is quite a complex change; please mail
through or raise an issue on GitHub if you see any anomalies with it. In
case you are wondering; the system does not use cookies in order to keep
the back-end system entirely stateless. This should allow it to scale
up later on with less complexity.

The second change is around hyperlinks -- issue #3. It has been noted
that the hyperlinks are "single page" and so you can't
right-click-and-open-tab them which is annoying. Now most of the
important links are *both* able to do a right-click-and-open-tab *and*
are "single page"! Let me know if I have missed any links that you care
about and please raise an issue in GitHub if you see any anomalies.

An issue #7 covers being able to view the package-supplied (package
version) english localization when you are editing package fallback
localizations. This is implemented now.

Other minor issues have been resolved too.

Oliver; the git tag is "haikudepotserver-1.0.31" when you have a spare
moment to build and deploy that. There is no database migration this
time around.

Regards;

--
Andrew Lindesay