[openbeos-cdt] Re: Mouseclick options

  • From: Łukasz 'Sil2100' Zemczak <sil2100@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos-cdt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2007 18:25:42 +0200

Hi,

Personally I'm not a big fan of single click instead of double click,
since I'm already used to traditional methods. But I will try again here
whether this is indeed such a great thing.

Stephan Assmus wrote:
> you are trying very hard to convince other's that single clicking has only
> adventages. But you fail to mention my biggest concern anywhere. Which is how
> are you supposed to select items?

Here, on my linux Xfce file manager, from what I see selecting is done
by holding the cursor above an item for a given instance of time. Nice
idea, but I think it could be troublesome in some cases. For instance,
if I would have a group of files selected, I could accidentally hold my
mouse cursor above another item for too long and loose the selection. I
wouldn't like that _very much_.

Meanwhile - I'll try this one-click setting for a while and see if it
really is as comfortable as you make it sound.

--
Best regards,
Łukasz 'Sil2100' Zemczak

WIRTUALNA  POLSKA  SA, ul. Traugutta 115c, 80-226 Gdansk; NIP: 957-07-51-216;
Sad Rejonowy Gdansk-Polnoc KRS 0000068548, kapital zakladowy 62.880.024 zlotych
(w calosci wplacony)