[haiku-cdt] Re: Mail: GUI and Queries

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-cdt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 05 Dec 2009 14:47:58 +0100

"Humdinger" <humdingerb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Do you see a problem of attachments being to the right when reading
> mails, but below the header info when sending attachments yourself?
> IMO the gain from using Layout 1 outweighs the small inconsistency.
> After all, the attachment lists pop up automatically when adding a
> file
> or a received mail has attachments. So it's not like you have to look
> for some widget to show the list.

I don't like the version with the attachments on the left: the extra
horizontal space that newer monitors deliver aren't accessible to Mail
(it makes no sense to use it full screen, and since it does word break
on window width, you don't want to make it too broad), and it should
therefore not try to use it.
I like #5 better therefore, combined with the read-only attachment view
suggested in the earlier mockups.

Bye,
   Axel.