[haiku-bluetooth] Re: Current Status

  • From: Oliver Ruiz Dorantes <oliver.ruiz.dorantes@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-bluetooth@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 3 Jul 2009 11:30:39 +0200

> I guess the preflet alone can't provide any functionality without the
> server running.
> So I'd actually go for silently starting the server, no?

I guess we could clean/manage our remote devices list(where there is such a
database or historic of all devices we had comunication in the past)

> Isn't there a facility in the kernel (device manager?) which is able
> to notify defined/registered
> componets about a device being published/unplushed in devfs. Then the
> bt-server could
> be started/stopped.

I unknown if there is such mechanism to "launch" an app(server) from a
kernel land component... This would be a solution, but I think, that the
drivers and kernel stuff is loaded much earlier than servers and so on. I
fear scenarios where the bt_server could be loaded before the app server for
example...

although I might spot a question in the dev maillist.

Regards
--
Oliver,
http://urnenfeld.blogspot.com