[haiku-appserver] server goes into debugger at startup.

  • From: Adi Oanca <adioanca@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-appserver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 00:42:52 +0300

Hi,

        Stephan, with your changes on font loading code, app_server won't
launch anymore.

if I make this:

        if(
/* <<<<<<<<<<-----------
!fontserver->SetSystemPlain(DEFAULT_PLAIN_FONT_FAMILY,

DEFAULT_PLAIN_FONT_STYLE,

DEFAULT_PLAIN_FONT_SIZE) ||
*/ <<<<<<<<<<-----------
           !fontserver->SetSystemPlain(FALLBACK_PLAIN_FONT_FAMILY,

DEFAULT_PLAIN_FONT_STYLE,

DEFAULT_PLAIN_FONT_SIZE)) {
                printf("Couldn't set plain to %s, %s %d pt\n",
                                DEFAULT_PLAIN_FONT_FAMILY,
                                DEFAULT_PLAIN_FONT_STYLE,
                                DEFAULT_PLAIN_FONT_SIZE);
        }

        if(
/* <<<<<<<<<<-----------
!fontserver->SetSystemBold(DEFAULT_BOLD_FONT_FAMILY,

DEFAULT_BOLD_FONT_STYLE,

DEFAULT_BOLD_FONT_SIZE) ||
*/ <<<<<<<<<<-----------
           !fontserver->SetSystemBold(FALLBACK_BOLD_FONT_FAMILY,

DEFAULT_BOLD_FONT_STYLE,

DEFAULT_BOLD_FONT_SIZE)) {
                printf("Couldn't set bold to %s, %s %d pt\n",
                                DEFAULT_BOLD_FONT_FAMILY,
                                DEFAULT_BOLD_FONT_STYLE,
                                DEFAULT_BOLD_FONT_SIZE);
        }

        if(
/* <<<<<<<<<<-----------
!fontserver->SetSystemFixed(DEFAULT_FIXED_FONT_FAMILY,

DEFAULT_FIXED_FONT_STYLE,

DEFAULT_FIXED_FONT_SIZE) ||
*/ <<<<<<<<<<-----------
           !fontserver->SetSystemFixed(FALLBACK_FIXED_FONT_FAMILY,

DEFAULT_FIXED_FONT_STYLE,

DEFAULT_FIXED_FONT_SIZE)) {
                printf("Couldn't set fixed to %s, %s %d pt\n",
                                DEFAULT_FIXED_FONT_FAMILY,
                                DEFAULT_FIXED_FONT_STYLE,
                                DEFAULT_FIXED_FONT_SIZE);
        }

... then it works.

Note that I have the tree up-to-date and I'm testing under R5.
I'm surprised I write this email... this doesn't happen on your system?

Thanks,
Adi.