[haiku-appserver] Re: fontserver issues

  • From: Stefano Ceccherini <burton666@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-appserver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: 22 Nov 2004 08:33:41 -0000

>1) In my development setup, I've got libappserver building as a >static
>library ATM and linking it into the app_server and Appearance
>2) FontServer.h/cpp declares a global FontServer *fontserver
>3) Appearance allocates an object to it.
>4) Appearance loads a decorator
>5) Decorator references the fontserver object (as defined in
>libappserver) and segfaults

Well, first of all, I don't think you should do that. FontServer is a server
object afterall, and it's even a private class (at least, from what I
understand looking at the code/headers). So why not use BFont, which is the
libbe class which interfaces with the font server ?
Is there any reason why BFont isn't enough for you?

Stefano Ceccherini aka Jack Burton
Scegli il tuo dominio preferito e attiva la tua email! Da oggi
l'eMail di superEva e' ancora piu' veloce e ricca di funzioni!
http://webmail.supereva.it/new/