[haiku-appserver] Re: decorators, appearance pref and libappserver.so

  • From: DarkWyrm <darkwyrm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-appserver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 04 Jul 2006 11:38:07 -0400

Jérôme Duval wrote:

Hi,

I'd like to know who is in charge of decorators and appearance prefs. It seems broken at the moment : it could be nice to have this working now.
BTW libappserver.so seems to have disappeared from our build system.
Thoughts ?
That'd be me. I wrote all the decorators, but a great number of people have gotten the default one which is in the app_server to work as it really should. The ones in add-ons/decorators need to be updated to work like DefaultDecorator does. libappserver.so doesn't exist anymore, but all that needs to be done to get them linking properly again is to link them against the app_server itself.

As for Appearance, the main thing that really needs to be done to get it working properly is a little cleanup work and to add a private app_server function which asks the app_server to render the decorator into a BBitmap -- something like get_decorator_preview(const char *name, BBitmap *target).

--DW