[haiku-appserver] Re: Quite some room for improvement

  • From: Stephan Assmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-appserver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 21:44:15 +0100

Hi Rudolf,

> I really hope you're not _that_ surprized!
> Unless I am very much mistaken, I already warned (in general) for 8/32/
> 64 bit accesses..

Ah, don't get me wrong. I was aware of it since I read in the stampTV code
which must have been in 2001 or so. I just thought there would be a
difference in writing too, even with MTRR enabled. I never really
experimented with it that much.

Now I'm still thinking about how to integrate this with the drawing modes
of Painter, in a way that all this code duplication is removed too. Is
there any particular speed penalty associated with using function pointers?
I never used those on purpose before.

Best regards,
-Stephan