[haiku-appserver] 2d HW acceleration - what's the status?

  • From: Bryan Varner <bryan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-appserver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 14:13:27 -0400

The last day or so I've been looking at some vmware gfx driver & app_server
related stuff. Aside from the innate problems the vmware driver has, I have
a few questions that are app_server specific that I'm hoping someone
knowledgeable can answer.

To what extent are we using 2D HW acceleration?

Am I correct in assuming that because everything is double buffered, that
the Painter never actually writes directly to the HW frame buffer?

Is there any form of documentation on how app_server interacts with
accelerants?

Thanks,

-Bryan