[haiku-3rdparty-dev] convert HVIF to an .svg (data blob)

  • From: hey68 you <hey68you@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-3rdparty-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2014 11:03:29 +0300

Hello,

I'm getting close to releasing my new HiQDock (see:
https://www.haiku-os.org/community/forum/hiqdock_new_dock_coming_soon) -
it's a hybrid Qt and Native app.

and the video: http://youtu.be/MQqFO4OkPO0

If possible, I would like to be able to convert on the fly the HVIF icon
data to a svg binary data blob (and for legacy BeOS apps, convery the
B_ICON image data into .bmp data blob) so that I can display the icon image
in my dock. (I know that I can already 'export' using Icon-o-matic into an
.svg file, but I want to do this directly without have to save to a file
and just read the bytes in run-time, which Qt can then display hopefully).

I guess this kind of code is already included in Icon-o-matic code base,
but I wanted to know if there is a few lines of code that would do the
trick (or am I assuming too much here)?

Thanks in advance,
hey68you