[haiku-3rdparty-dev] Re: New Developer

  • From: "Humdinger" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "humdingerb" for DMARC)
  • To: <haiku-3rdparty-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2018 17:28:01 +0100

On Thursday, 22 February 2018 22:40:31 GMT+1, Johnpaul Humphrey wrote:

What applications need developing?I am interested in learning to program in any of the following categories: - Web Browser - Productivity - 3d Modelers. - or anything else useful.

Welcome Johnpaul!

We need all of those. They happen to be also the most complex pieces of software... :)

WebPositive enhancement and bug tickets are found in Haiku's Trac ( https://v.gd/aM2MEO ). I'm sure you find large and small things to fix/implement there.

Native productivity apps are rather scarce. Two very deserving targets IMO are BePDF and SumIt (a spreadsheet app). Just use those for a bit and you'll see plenty of opportunities to improve (BePDF:e.g. commentary icons, improved Find dialog, plus all the other reported issues... ; SumIt: where to begin...)

SumIt is at https://github.com/beos-zealot/OpenSumIt
BePDF and many more apps that you could look into is at https://github.com/HaikuArchives

Lots to do :)

--

Regards,
Humdinger

--
Help translating 3rd party Haiku applications
Go to https://v.gd/polyglot