[haiku-3rdparty-dev] Re: BGroupView mouse tracking

  • From: Barrett <b.vitruvio@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-3rdparty-dev <haiku-3rdparty-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 3 Jan 2015 15:15:25 +0100

> The default and usually needed behavior is that a view doesn't receive a
> mouse event over a child view (with the exception of mouse exits).

Now i understand better the situation. I've been convinced that the father
view receive all the hooks anyway, i've think of it as a bug.

I believe BView::SetEventMask() [1] can help you with that, though.

> Alternatively you can install a message filter on the window [2] and get
> your mouse events this way.
>
> In either case you'll also receive events that you don't need (events
> outside your view) and you'll have to determine which are which.

So if i understood correctly i can't simply intercept them in
MyCustomView::MessageReceived() just because they are dispatched directly
by the looper (BWindow) to the final handler. I'll see what to do, i
already have a filter in the main window. I'll go this way, very thanks for
clarification.

Best Regards