[hackpgh-ham] Re: TNC built out of the Arduino Platform

  • From: Doug Philips <douglas.philips@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hackpgh-ham@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2011 13:43:19 -0500

On Sun, Feb 27, 2011 at 10:55, Ed Paradis <legomaniac@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> http://sites.google.com/site/ki4mcw/Home/arduino-tnc

> This could be the basis for an APRS node on a balloon, car, boat, etc.
>  It could also mean that you have an APRS node waiting to be built
> sitting in your parts drawer if you have an HT and an Arduino.

Unless that thing tries to change frequencies...
I have a number of classic HTs that I had hoped would be used for something
like this.
I haven't yet surveyed my bin to see how many arduinos I have, but if anyone
wants a good used HT to play with, I'm suuuuuuuuure we can make an
arrangement. I was just tidying up some things and re-discovered my trove
and realized that while they're cool to have, it'd be even cooler if they
were being used.

-D