[hackpgh-discuss] Re: quick OSHW Tuesday night poll

  • From: Robert Berger <bob@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "hackpgh-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <hackpgh-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2012 14:16:19 -0400

I just bought a CNC router - aluminum frame, looks like about 18" max travel. I
could show it.

I will need some advice on the mechanics. It has what appears to be non
standard couplings on the screws which will need to be replaced. Whatever
connected to these must have also had some type of thrust bearing for that end
of the screw. I will probably need help fabricating some type of bearing block.

Once I solve that issue I just need to add some NEMA 23 steppers and
controllers; I have already started on these.

-Bob