[hackpgh-discuss] Re: Tesla's Birthday Party at HackPgh Friday July 10, 7:30pm

  • From: Chad Elish <chad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hackpgh-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2015 11:05:43 -0400

OK, I’ll move that in the calendar!

Cheers!
-Chad
President | HackPGH
Pittsburgh’s First Makerspace
1936 Fifth Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15219
412.219.2723 (m)
http://www.hackpittsburgh.org

On Jul 6, 2015, at 10:50 AM, Yevgeniy Soroka <ukranians2@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Nikola Tesla dood will be 159 years old this Friday July 10. To celebrate
this, the Tesla Club is having a small birthday party. The events which will
occur are:

Presentation by Luc Berger:

-- We demonstrate Tesla's induction motor, based on the magic of ROTATING
MAGNETIC FIELDS.

-- As Tesla tried to do with his GIANT STEEL TOWER, we use
electromagnetic fields to
TRANSFER ENERGY across empty space.

-- Tesla invented radio. See how a crystal of FOOL'S GOLD from a rock
shop can be used to
make a radio!

Presentation by Geno Soroka:

oneTesla musical tesla coil via midi file, midi piano,
Playing with wireless transmission of energy using Tesla coil
Theremin presentation

Presentation by other High Voltage/Tesla enthusiasts: Whatever you want.
Bring your Tesla Coils and related projects!

This will be posted on meetup.com <http://meetup.com/>, so people are
expected to come. Also, the Tesla Club meeting on Wed is being moved to
Friday for Tesla's bday party.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5KDTw_OQ1Y
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5KDTw_OQ1Y>