[hackpgh-discuss] Re: Hive 76 write up

  • From: Doug Philips <doug@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hackpgh-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2012 10:03:58 -0400

Hear Hear!

Thanks for taking the time to go and to write it up (I understand that compulsion to get it written and "out of your head").

Thank you especially for representing!

Aside from the flat speakers, did you come away with a sense of specific tactics we could adopt? Aside from the ceiling mounted 3d printer spools, did they do much with their vertical space aside from shelves?

I ask about tactics specifically because those are the kinds of things that we can implement easily/quickly. (Reinforcing the ceiling (or finding the reinforced areas) is doable, just not trivial.)

Strategically, did you find out anything about their new member process, or shop access policies or how they track materials use (3D printers, etc.)?

(Ok, I won't ask all my questions at once. :-) )

Thanks!
    -=Doug

On 10/22/12 9:33 AM, j. eric townsend wrote:
Thanks for doing this.

On 10/21/2012 10:13 PM, Zehn Lotus wrote:
I figure you guys might enjoy this, pictures and all. I felt like I got
a ton of info to bring back to you guys so I wrote it all up. plenty of
opinion, too.
https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id=18RL_zApcyHZ8u3xnqppRAleD37lCBB_Gg5DAWf_fMAw