[hackpgh-discuss] Re: Finger Magnet Field Trip!!!

  • From: Steven Owens <stevenjowens@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hackpgh-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2015 18:46:01 -0400

No, its non-ferrous and not magnetic.
On Jul 23, 2015 6:43 PM, "Joachim Hall" <jjoachimhall@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Yeah that's probably a bigger concern. For some reason I'm thinking blood
is mildly magnetic because of the iron in it. I could be wrong though.
On Jul 23, 2015 6:41 PM, "Jim" <Quest-Engineering@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

it would depend on how strong the magnet is. But I worry that I'll push
that sliver into my finger when I grab a hold of a tool or some other
object.
*Sent:* Thursday, July 23, 2015 at 6:28 PM
*From:* "Joachim Hall" <jjoachimhall@xxxxxxxxx>
*To:* hackpgh-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
*Subject:* [hackpgh-discuss] Re: Finger Magnet Field Trip!!!

Jim, I was also wondering about that. Could a sharp iron filing be
attracted to the magnet enough that it would penetrate through your skin?
-Joachim
On Jul 23, 2015 6:15 PM, "Jim" <Quest-Engineering@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

I'd like to try this but I work around metal all day and would be
constantly pulling iron dust and slivers of metal off my finger. HA Ha Ha

*Sent:* Thursday, July 23, 2015 at 3:10 PM
*From:* "Tim Cannon" <timmycninja@xxxxxxxxx>
*To:* "hackpgh-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <hackpgh-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
*Subject:* [hackpgh-discuss] Finger Magnet Field Trip!!!
I am trying to organize a group of people that want to get finger
magnet implants in the pittsburgh area before the end of summer. Hit me
up if you are interested.

@TimTheCyborg