[hackpgh-discuss] Re: Finger Magnet Field Trip!!!

  • From: Joachim Hall <jjoachimhall@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hackpgh-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2015 15:13:12 -0400

Cool, thanks!
On Jul 24, 2015 10:40 AM, "Tim Cannon" <timmycninja@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

yep, that includes the magnet

On Fri, Jul 24, 2015 at 10:06 AM, Joachim Hall <jjoachimhall@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

That's not too expensive. Do you know if that includes the cost of the
magnet too?
Thank you!
-Joachim
On Jul 24, 2015 7:38 AM, "Tim Cannon" <timmycninja@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Estimation is around 150, but it could be cheaper depending on how many
we get. Left Middle is not a problem, You can also to wrists and other
places. I am doing tragus to turn my ears into headphones. So we have
options people. Hell I know a women that gets "EXTREMELY happy" when she is
around a 60Hz field, if you catch my drift. So you can put them
anywhere....I mean anywhere.

On Thu, Jul 23, 2015 at 6:53 PM Joachim Hall <jjoachimhall@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Interesting, thanks! I was reading another article that says it's very
slightly magnetic. When it's deoxygenated it's slightly more magnetic. But
it's still hardly magnetic at all.
On Jul 23, 2015 6:47 PM, "Steven Owens" <stevenjowens@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

It's diamagnetic.

http://www.revisemri.com/blog/2006/mri-blood-iron-attraction/
On Jul 23, 2015 6:46 PM, "Steven Owens" <stevenjowens@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

No, its non-ferrous and not magnetic.
On Jul 23, 2015 6:43 PM, "Joachim Hall" <jjoachimhall@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Yeah that's probably a bigger concern. For some reason I'm thinking
blood is mildly magnetic because of the iron in it. I could be wrong
though.
On Jul 23, 2015 6:41 PM, "Jim" <Quest-Engineering@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

it would depend on how strong the magnet is. But I worry that I'll
push that sliver into my finger when I grab a hold of a tool or some
other
object.
*Sent:* Thursday, July 23, 2015 at 6:28 PM
*From:* "Joachim Hall" <jjoachimhall@xxxxxxxxx>
*To:* hackpgh-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
*Subject:* [hackpgh-discuss] Re: Finger Magnet Field Trip!!!

Jim, I was also wondering about that. Could a sharp iron filing be
attracted to the magnet enough that it would penetrate through your
skin?
-Joachim
On Jul 23, 2015 6:15 PM, "Jim" <Quest-Engineering@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

I'd like to try this but I work around metal all day and would
be constantly pulling iron dust and slivers of metal off my finger.
HA Ha
Ha

*Sent:* Thursday, July 23, 2015 at 3:10 PM
*From:* "Tim Cannon" <timmycninja@xxxxxxxxx>
*To:* "hackpgh-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <
hackpgh-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
*Subject:* [hackpgh-discuss] Finger Magnet Field Trip!!!
I am trying to organize a group of people that want to get
finger magnet implants in the pittsburgh area before the end of
summer. Hit me up if you are interested.

@TimTheCyborg