[hackpgh-discuss] Re: Bearings and axle for mirror galvos

  • From: Doug Philips <douglas.philips@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hackpgh-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2011 16:54:26 -0500

On Thu, Jan 6, 2011 at 12:38, Ed Paradis <legomaniac@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> So if you have an old hard drive you don't want any more, I'd
> appreciate if you could bring them up to the shop and put them in my
> box.  Matching drives are best, but with only three or four common
> drive manufacturers, you end up with plenty of common parts across any
> random sample.  The best place is if you work some where when they're
> trashing a big pile of computers.  500 megabyte drives from the 90s
> are useful to anyone, but you can make galvos out of them.

I have a few hard drives I don't have any way to erase prior to recycling,
but if you're gonna rip 'em apart, that solves that problem.

This weekend was not a good one for me SHOPCATION wise, but then scheduling
this many people is never easy anyways. I'll try to drop them off early on
Saturday and stay for a bit (despite working at Seagate the only opened
harddrive I've seen was one my boss had put a bullet through).

-D