[hackpgh-discuss] Re: Any Electric Motors at HackPGH?

  • From: Joachim Hall <jjoachimhall@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hackpgh-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 26 Jul 2015 23:54:24 -0400

I've got a good 1/2 horse 120 volt motor from a garage door opener. It's
fairly low rpm though. Only 900 rpm. I'm guessing you'd need a bit more
than that. I'm also not sure it's rated for continues use. But that
wouldn't be too hard to find out... Might be ok though since it's a little
over rated. I know the shop has a lot of motors but I don't recall seeing
very many AC motors.
Best,
-Joachim
On Jul 24, 2015 7:59 PM, "Neil Cox" <neildenniscox@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hey everyone,
Does HackPGH have any 110, single phase, 1/3 horsepower or slightly
higher motors laying around?
I recently bought an industrial sewing machine with a 220, 3 phase,
1/3 motor and would like to swap it out with a 110 single phase that I
can plug into a normal wall outlet.

I am more then willing to donate the 220 3 phase in return.
Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys!
Neil