hackfix-virusnews: Avril Lavigne worm a hit in virus charts (interesting article)

  • From: "Christy" <snowz@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hackfix-virusnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 13:24:53 -0500

Avril Lavigne worm a hit in virus charts
09:30 Friday 10th January 2003
Robert Lemos, CNET News.com

The Lirva worm, named after a pop singer, is the
latest celebrity-inspired worm to find rapid success

She may just be a skater girl, but teen singer Avril
Lavigne now has the dubious honor of having a
successful computer virus pay homage to her.

A new email worm -- dubbed Avril, Lirva and Naith by
various antivirus companies -- not only spreads by
hitching a ride on email messages that may refer to
the 17-year-old Lavigne, but when activated, will
also open a browser to the singer's official Web sit

Read more here:

http://news.zdnet.co.uk/story/0,,t269-s2128469,00.html

Copyright =A9 2003 CNET Networks, Inc. All Rights
Reserved.

~*~*~*~*~
To unsubscribe from our list send an email
to hackfix-virusnews-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?Subject=unsubscribe.

For a complete list of email commands for our list send
an email to ecartis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject line of
"info hackfix-virusnews" without the quotes.
~*~*~*~*~