[guispeak] microsoft word problem

  • From: wd8oep@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: guispeak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 17:18:23 -0500

Hi all,
Well, here's the situation.
I'm using a Dell 8100 1.6 gig laptop, 388 meg of ram, running windows XP home
edition and JFW 4.5.
Here's the problem.  When I start msword, it takes about 10 seconds for it to
start, talking saying "document 1 Microsoft Word edit".
and when I close it, or, when I save something after I typed it in
msword, it takes about 10 seconds to save it and go back to the desktop, or, to
the my computer menu.
What is going on here?  Is it a memmory issue?  Is it a fact that I have
msoffice on my system?
All I know is, when I do the same thing using wordpad, it launches in about 1
second and closes down and also saves stuff and goes back to desktop or, the
my computer menu in 1 second.
So, how do I fix this problem?
On my programs menu, there are icons for microsoft office, and microsoft word.
I'd like to use word, but I'm tired of it taking forever to launch, etc.
Now, I just went over to the start menu, and it says this on there.
It says new office document, and it also says open office document.
So, there it is folks, any of you all have suggestions for me?
Harry