[guispeak] Re: media player oddities

  • From: Paul Henrichsen <paulh52@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: guispeak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 15:07:56 -0700

Hi. This is pretty weird as I am just playing mp3 and wma files. The fast forward button works just fine. Only rewind is disabled. One woudl think an mp3 file could be re wound. I wonder if I need to let media player know that mp3 is a file it can play. I don't have media player as my default player for mp3 files.
Could that be it?
At 7/20/2005, you wrote:

This excerpt from the Microsoft site may help:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/knowledgecenter/ mediaadvice/0027.aspx#Question3

How do I make my disabled Rewind button work?

In Windows Media Player, the Rewind and Fast Forward buttons are active
only if the file you are playing can be rewound or fast-forwarded. If
the buttons are not active, that means the file is not intended to be
used in that manner.

Don't confuse the Previous and Next buttons with the Rewind and Fast
Forward buttons. In Windows Media Player 9 Series, the Previous and
Next buttons are adjacent to the Stop button, and are for moving to the
next or previous marker in a file. The Rewind and Fast Forward buttons
are on opposite ends of the Seek slider.

On Jul 20, 2005, at 10:58 AM, Paul Henrichsen wrote:

Hello, listers. I have media player ten installed. For some reason,
rewind is disabled. Fast forward is not, but rewind is. Any ideas why?
I can't seem to find any to enable it through a menu. Perhaps I am
missing something.
Thanks.