[guispeak] Re: media player oddities

  • From: Madeleine Rothberg <madeleine_rothberg@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: guispeak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 14:08:48 -0400

This excerpt from the Microsoft site may help:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/knowledgecenter/ mediaadvice/0027.aspx#Question3

How do I make my disabled Rewind button work?

In Windows Media Player, the Rewind and Fast Forward buttons are active only if the file you are playing can be rewound or fast-forwarded. If the buttons are not active, that means the file is not intended to be used in that manner.

Don't confuse the Previous and Next buttons with the Rewind and Fast Forward buttons. In Windows Media Player 9 Series, the Previous and Next buttons are adjacent to the Stop button, and are for moving to the next or previous marker in a file. The Rewind and Fast Forward buttons are on opposite ends of the Seek slider.

On Jul 20, 2005, at 10:58 AM, Paul Henrichsen wrote:

Hello, listers. I have media player ten installed. For some reason, rewind is disabled. Fast forward is not, but rewind is. Any ideas why?
I can't seem to find any to enable it through a menu. Perhaps I am missing something.
Thanks.