[guispeak] Re: making 1 computer wireless

  • From: "Ron or Susan Denis" <rdenis@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <guispeak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 May 2006 08:51:06 -0400

There's no reason your friend can't run a cord from the room where the phone jack is to the computer providing she does it herself. Radio shack, for example, sells cords with a male phone plug on one end, and either another male or one or several phone jacks on the other. I have a 30 foot cord here that runs from a phone jack in one room through that room, down a small hall, and into another room where it ends. It has three jacks on this end one for a phone, one for the computer, and one that is empty.
I believe to go wireless, your friend will need a router which has wireless capability and a wireless card in the computer that matches the router. The router would then have to have a connection for a modem to the phone line.
RD