[guispeak] Re: formatting d v d r w disks

  • From: "Laura Eaves" <leaves1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <guispeak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2004 16:08:34 -0500

Hi -- Well, actually you do have to buy or download decoder or dvd burning software separately, I think, whenever you buy a burner.
It doesn't come with the burner. I was told this by several friends and by my nephew who is familiar with such things.
Anyway, I don't know where to go to download it.
I think dvd recording was (and maybe still is) a legal issue, as movie makers don't want dvd's to be copied -- but then dvr's have become so common and licensing protections are encoded on commercial dvd's I think, like on music CD's, so perhaps things are changing.
But anyway, I don't know why your disk is filling up. Please post when you do get it working and tell what you had to do to correct the problem.
Take care.
--le

----- Original Message ----- From: "Garnett Parsons" <garnetp@xxxxxxxxx>