[guispeak] Re: Sygate Personal Firewall and the System Tray

  • From: gerald.g.weichbrodt@xxxxxx
  • To: guispeak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 15:28:48 -0500

Hi Virgil,

Have a look at the Freedom Scientific Knowledge Base article at
http://www.freedomscientific.com/fs_support/BulletinView.cfm?QC=829

It sounds to me as if you may have the option enabled to "Hide Inactive
Icons" in the Task Bar and Start Menu properties.  I'm assuming you're
running Windows XP.  I don't think earlier versions of Windows have this
option.  What you're describing sounds a lot like what the bulletin
describes.

Cheers,
Jerry

                      Virgil Cook

                      <vcook@xxxxxx>           To:
"guispeak-LISTSERV.NAS.NET": ;
                      Sent by:                 cc:

                      guispeak@freelist        Subject:  [guispeak] Sygate
Personal Firewall and the System Tray
                      s.org

                      03/17/2005 10:17

                      AM

                      Please respond to

                      guispeak

Lately, when I start up my computer, the Sygate Personal Firewall does not
appear in the system tray.  The only way to make it appear is to go to the
start menu and open Sygate.  On the tools menu, there is an option to hide
Sygate from the system tray, but the option is unchecked.  Consequently, I
can't be sure whether the program is running.  Also, Jaws sometimes does
not appear in the tray, but otherwise, it seems to function normally.

Does anybody have an idea what may be going on here?

Thank you.

Virgil A. Cook
Associate Professor Emeritus of English
             Virginia Tech