[guispeak] Re: Laptop Battery Saver

  • From: Keith Bucher <kbucher@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <guispeak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,<ptusing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2006 00:45:32 +400

Most every laptop I've seen has easily replaceable batteries.  You can
purchase as many as you want.  But this device lets you turn off
your screen, if you can't already do this on your computer,
making the battery last longer.

    But remember that we're talking about commercially available
notebook or laptop computers.  Some of the notetakers made for blind
people such as the Pac Mate and Voicenote do not have replaceable
batteries.  These must be sent back to  have their batteries
replaced.

Keith