[guispeak] Re: JFW 6.1 & Computer Compatibility Question - WARNING! Venting Occurs.

  • From: "david poehlman" <david.poehlman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <guispeak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2005 07:05:06 -0400

This is a nanefestation of an infestation called key ghosting.  It has
nothing to do with the remote software and often can be at least temporarily
relieved by tapping the offending key a few times.  What is happening is
that your modifier keys are being electronically employeed to execute
commands even though you are not pressing them.  if you hear "not in a table
when you press arrow keys, the keys envolved are alt+ctrl so in effect, you
are executing alt+ctrl+arrow.  Tapping those modifiers can restore life
temporarily but as you say, reboot seems to be the best solution for this
particular affliction.

Contacting fs may help with this.

--
Johnnie Apple Seed