[guispeak] Converting unicode to ansi

  • From: "Donald L. Roberts" <donald_roberts_99@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <guispeak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 09:22:50 -0700

I am in over my head on this one; and, though I hate to plead
ignorance, it is my only defense.  So, please be patient.

I grab things in Internet Explorer 6 which are subsequently to be
translated into braille using the Wintrans port of NFBtrans.
When I get this stuff from the internet, there are often odd
characters, usually apostrophe characters, which Window Eyes now
translates correctly but which are not true apostrophes, although
I do not recall the correct ansi value, but I think it is 27.  At
any rate, Window Eyes reports these erroneous apostrophes as
unicode 2019.  So now for the question.  How do I convert unicode
2019 to an ansi value so that I can use the search and replace
feature in Text Pal to convert it to a genuine apostrophe?

I surely would appreciate help on this.

Don Roberts