[guispeak] Re: Another silly problem

  • From: "Laura Eaves" <leaves1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <guispeak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2004 02:12:20 -0500

Hi Dennis -- something similar happened to me as well the other day -- and I have had to get a yahoo email address to get around it.
Only the problem wasn't with yahoogroups -- it was with an ISP in california on which is a fried that I sent private email to -- but it bounced with a strange and nasty message from the postmaster. So after some roundabout emails through a third party to my friend and the administrator, it appears there is a "blackhole" list of safe domains that can send email to those sites.
Now this list is used by many ISP's to block spam, and that may be the case with your ISP -- oh and are you in Romania? or what is .ru?
Anyway, I don't know why your account or domain is bouncing mail from yahoogroups, which is a pretty much universally recognized safe domain, but I thought I'd relate my experience.
It is in the hands of the various administrators.
It is also possible that there was just a bad connection that happened to bounce some messages.
Connectivity is a real problem these days.
But it's weird that your mail is bouncing the verification message.
Did you check that that was your primary address? Did you check that no one else has been tampering with your account?
I really hate the yahoogroups website as it is hard to find the page you need -- it could be a lot more accessible...
Good luck!
--le

----- Original Message ----- From: "Denis" <jakob@xxxxxxxxxx>