[guide.chat] news tesco blunder ipad 49.99

  • From: vanessa <qwerty1234567a@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "GUIDE CHAT" <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2012 12:19:59 -0000

Tesco web blunder offers new Ipads for £49.99

Too good to be true of course
Wed Mar 14 2012, 11:15
UK SUPERMARKET Tesco has incurred the wrath of Apple fanbois after refusing to
honour adverts for the new Ipad on its web site that were incorrectly priced at
£49.99.
Not surprisingly, the prospect of snapping up the latest Apple tablet for such
a bargain price created a feeding frenzy. The 'new Ipad' as it is confusingly
named will not grace us with its presence until 16 March, and will be priced at
up to £659 for the 4G 64GB model.
So £49.99 looked too good to be true, and it was. Tesco apologised for the "IT
error", adding that no money had been deducted from the accounts of those
sharp-eyed shoppers who placed orders.
"We always look to offer our customers unbeatable value but unfortunately this
was due to an IT error, which has now been corrected. Most of our customers
realised that this was an obvious mistake but we apologise for any
inconvenience caused," the retailer said in a statement.
The news spread like wildfire over social networks. Summing up the general
mood, Phoebe Scott tweeted, "Hope Tesco honour their mistake and give me my two
IPad 3s for £49.99 each!"
Also tweeting, Snowglo added, "Fancy a new 4G iPad for £49.99? Tesco have
priced the Ipad wrong on their website, not shipping orders though."
Despite the anger, it would seem that the retailer has the small print on its
side here. Tesco Direct's terms and conditions say that the contract only
becomes binding when it actually ships the goods.
"Your order is an offer to buy from us. Nothing that we do or say will amount
to any acceptance of that offer until we actually despatch an item to you, at
which point a contract will be made between us. At any point up until then we
may decline to supply an item to you," according to Tesco Direct's web site.
"If we decline to supply an item to you and you have already paid for it, we
will give you a full refund of any amount already paid for that item in
accordance with our refund policy."

from
Vanessa The Google Girl.
my skype name is rainbowstar123